Google
Web amysmithr.blogspot.com
calorieking.com
My Life and Weight Loss Through NS: My FREE Cookbook
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Sunday, July 09, 2006

My FREE Cookbook

For those who haven't read yet, Jannyanne made me a beautiful cookbook that she sent me for my b'day. It has all my recipes from my blog, along with my story and pics, and is beautifully formatted in a professional cookbook format. You can see the original book
HERE on the picaboo website she created it on.

All of these recipes are also available here for viewing and printing if you just scroll down to the food post, but the cookbook Jan created is great if you want a really professional version to print out. If you don't know my story, you can read about it at the beginning of my regular blog recipes post, but just so you know these recipes are for losing weight and are meant to be used on the NS meal plan in conjunction with or as replacements for the NS entrees. Each recipe will specifically say what it is meant to count as on the NS women's 1200 cal/day plan.

I converted the cookbook to an easy file that you can all download and print as you like at home. You can even take the file to Kinko's or somewhere if you want and choose how you'd like it printed. (It is MUCH cheaper though to print it at home and then take it to Kinko's to have them spiral bind it for you; less than $5 to have it bound once you've printed it).

I have made the cookbook into a pdf file now and it should have 104 pages total, including 1 blank page on page 2 (that page is necessary so if you print it in a back to back cookbook format and have it bound like a book that the pages will still all be on the right sides)...

I have Word documents and PDF files for this cookbook now, but the Word files are too big to be kept updated for downloading all the time. The PDF file is available for downloading on The-Jazzman's site:

My Cookbook in a PDF file

Make sure after you download that is has all 104 pages. Hope you enjoy the fruits of Jan's and my labor. Happy losing w/NS everyone. :)



Amy
My Profile
My BLOG
My BLOG "recipes"


23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

I can't tell you how happy I am about your cookbook. Even my DH got excited as I was looking and he waw the pictures. :o)

I am almost at goal and transitioning off the NS food. Yesterday, I cancelled my autoship and today Jazz posted the link to your book. It is truly heaven sent and so are you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

That's great Cheryl! :) I'm glad you guys will enjoy it. Congrats on being so close to goal. Just remember these recipes are for losing at 1200 cal, and not maintaining, so you'll need to add in extras at maintenance. :)

Amy

8:10 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You're welcome Christy, from both of us. :)

Amy

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
Thank you so much for all your hard work. I'm on my way with the help of your recipes. And can I say YUM?! Very delicious. Hope you have a great time in NY city!
Lisa (shmless)
175/153.8/135

6:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Lisa!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

Thank you very much for the information. I'm very new to NS (acually, I haven't even received my first order yet) and appreciate everything you did. I wasn't able to access the cookbook, but I printed out your original recipe post. Thanks again -Rence

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The files are not working they said they are expired. Whenever you do have time to update it please email me at julie.myers@korea.army.mil

Thank you so much for all your work on this. I love every reciepe that I have tried!!

Julie
199/144.6/140

10:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Rence! Glad you found the recipes on the regular post. I'll update these links in a bit. There's a permanent one on The-Jazzman's site that I still need to post the link to as well.

Amy

10:27 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey Julie,

I'll try to get them updated in a bit for ya. :)

Amy

10:28 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

:) thanks for all the kind words Amy!!

YOU ROCK!!

Have I told you lately that I love you? :)

Hugs!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey Jan!

That's Mike's and my song (Have I Told You Lately... by Rod Stewart). I sang it to Mike on our wedding day! :)

Love you too!

Amy

3:05 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

wow!

2716!!

hey when i view your blog using FireFox vs. IE all your posts are lined up perfectly! LOL...it doesn't start way down....

9:03 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Well that's sure nifty Jan. :)

Amy

9:14 PM  
Blogger meliss said...

This is awesome!

I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I bought NS food from a friend and have already lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks. Exercise, water and moderation seem to be the key.
I am so excited to see this blog. How so very inspiring. :)

Thanks for sharing all of your hard work. Others would be trying to make a penny off of it. You are very generous.
-Melissa

8:22 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much Melissa! I truly just feel so blessed to have found the NS plan at all... something that actually WORKS! I could not be a bigger NS advocate. :) Congrats on your excellent loss already!

Amy

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy - so glad to find your blog. Been on NS for two months and have lost 15 pounds so far! Copied your cookbook off Jazz's website and LOVE IT!! It has helped me soooo much on the days when I want to eat something not NS and I don't autoship all the time. I lost most my weight in the 1st 7 weeks without NS. Your cookbook is a godsend! I just LOVE YOU!!

Cheryl - discoteacher on NS

8:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Cheryl! I'm thrilled you like it and are losing so well. Congrats! :)

Amy

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have used a few of your recipes and they have been really helpful (not to mention good). I love the stuff french toast!! Looking at your before pic, reminds me of my own body shape and seeing you now just inspires & encourages me. I know you had to put alot of time and effort into doing all of what you do & it just shows that you must be a really special person to continue to help people like myself. Thank you so much!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much Kim! That really means a lot.

Amy

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on the faster server! Special kudos for updating the recipes. They are terrific. With your help I feel like I can stay with it!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks! :) The cookbook here doesn't have all the updated recipes, so just check and see which ones you're missing and print those out to add in. :)

Amy

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

I'm on Jenny Craig and found your link there. I can't believe how much time and effort you have put in to help other people. I am truly amazed at you and excited to try some of your recipes. I was thinking you should put out a cookbook, and then I was so excited when I found it. You are so nice to have typed up so many of your recipes and included all the pictures too. And it is real food that real people would make and eat - not too fancy or too many wierd things. Thanks for all your help! I have lost 48 in eight month on JC; trying for 70. I'm excited to try some of your ideas! Thanks!! Melissa in Dayton, OH

9:55 AM  
Blogger Dacia said...

Amy is there a way to still get the cookbook? the link doesn't work

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home