Google
Web amysmithr.blogspot.com
calorieking.com
My Life and Weight Loss Through NS: "Before" videos, before joining NS Jan 2005, and "After" videos
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"Before" videos, before joining NS Jan 2005, and "After" videos

"Before" video: Sept 2004, Katrina's 5th bday
This is video of me 3 1/2 months before starting NS, approx 160-165 lbs, and on my way UP!

(If you have a slower connection, please wait a few seconds after hitting play). Thanks!

"Before" Video: Dec 2004, doing the Hokey Pokey
Here's some video, from early Dec 2004, at approx 175 lbs and STILL going up! I'm next to Katrina (she has the red ribbon in her hair). I'm the one in the jeans and blue/purple sweatshirt on the right. These are the same jeans that I wore in my before pics! Yikes. (Now why did I think they looked better on me than that)?! LOL


"Before" Video: Dec 2004, birth of my nephew
Here is a video clip of the day my nephew was born in Dec 2004, about 3 1/2 weeks before starting NS. That's Katrina holding my new nephew and then me giving him back to his mother (my SIL). Here's a nice TRUE side shot of what I really looked like!!!


"Before" video: Christmas morning 2004
Here's a video clip of my family and me on Christmas morning, 3 weeks before starting NS. I'm almost 180 lbs here, and "hiding" in my clothes for sure! (I'm the big maroon-colored blob on the right):


Last "Before" Video: Jan 29 2005, Tyler's 8th bday
Here's the last video captured of me before I really began my "evolution" on NS. This was taken at my son's 8th birthday, 2 weeks after I started NS. I had lost 11 lbs in my first 2 weeks, and felt like a million bucks! Granted, I still had a long way to go, but I finally KNEW I had found the solution to my lifelong battle with my weight.


"After" Video: Sept 2005, Katrina's 6th bday
Here's a clip I found from Katrina's 6th birthday party. This was about 6 weeks after I reached my ideal goal weight of 120 lbs.


Another "After" Video: Sept 2005, more of Katrina's 6th bday party
Some video of my "baby" opening her presents:


Another "After" Video: Christmas morning 2005, with my parents
Here's a few more video clips from after I lost the weight. This is Christmas morning 2005, 4 1/2 months after reaching goal. The holiday's were tough with ALL of my extended family visiting (and wanting to do holiday baking) but I managed to stay under 125 lbs. I didn't get up much in this video, but I can tell you one thing- I sure didn't feel like the same big BLOB from Christmas morning a year earlier. Thank you NutriSystem for changing my life!


"After" Video: April 9 2006, Out for a run
Here I am out for a run. This is 8 months after reaching 120 lbs. I'm 122 lbs here... Mike decided to sit on the porch and pull out the camcorder as I was doing my normal 5 mile run. Think running is just hard for you and not everyone else too? Think again. LOL. I look horrific!

2 Comments:

Blogger meliss said...

I'm curious abou this as well. Did you start running in the beginning? When you did start running, how long did it take you? How far would you run?

I am doing about 50 minutes of cardi and weight training a day. I may need to bump that time up a bit. How did you start?

9:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I've been running for a while now. I started running about a mile or so (furthest I could go) and it took about 10 min/mile. Gradually I upped my running a little bit at a time and finally after I'd been running 2.5 miles for a while I just doubled it and realized I could actually go 5 miles. From there I worked on increasing my speed. A great program that some of my friends have used is the couch to 5k program. I think coolrunning.com or something like that has it. You can do a search for it. Good luck!

Amy

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home