Google
Web amysmithr.blogspot.com
calorieking.com
My Life and Weight Loss Through NS: Going out for Mike's birthday (March 11th, 2006) plus some new "fat pics"
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Going out for Mike's birthday (March 11th, 2006) plus some new "fat pics"

Here's a few pics from last night when Mike and I went out for his birthday. We had a blast. He kept telling me how proud and lucky he was to have me as his wife and to get to go "show me off". I know that I'm the lucky one, as he is just the best husband a woman could ever ask for. It sure was nice to know how happy my "look" made him though. :)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
I'm a little bummed with this one. My tummy doesn't have some sort of weird protrusion; it's a ribbon on my shirt that I needed to flatten out. LOL. Yes, I know I'm being nit picky, but damn it, I work hard to flatten out that stomach!!! LOL

Here's a couple of side by side pics of me at my start weight (180 lbs) in Jan 2005, and now, 7 months after hitting 120 lbs.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Mike and the kids at the in-laws last night having birthday cake:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Mike being goofy at the in-laws "party" for him, and Tyler and Katrina hoping to get some cake soon. :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Mike looking at me like "Why do you keep taking my picture without my hat on?" (I only cut his hair this way because he always wears a hat) LOL He's a cutie anyway!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Katrina: "Oooo! Oooo! Yummy, I get to lick the candles!!!"
Tyer: "Save some for me!"

I also found some different "fat pics" of myself while going through my pics this morning. The first is from July of 2004 celebrating my mom's birthday. I was about 160-165 here. The next 2 are from Sept 2004 at my daughter's 5th birthday. This was 3 1/2 months before starting NS, so I'm "only" about 165-170 lbs here, not my high of 180! And to think I thought I looked pretty good at this party!!! Oh my:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Look at that chin, or should I say "Look at THOSE chins"?!

7 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

Awesome Amy!!! and your tummy doesn't look weird! LOL...you can tell its a ribbon, silly girl!

I want a piece of your mom's cake! that looks yummy! LOL....and that's your kitchen!!!! send me some house pics!!!! i wanna see where you live! :-) you have no houses behind you??? lucky!!!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Jan! Yep, that was a yummy cake I made for my mom. Not too unhealthy actually- just angel food cake is the worst part, but the frosting is just Cool Whip with food coloring and fresh berries.

I'll send you some house pics some time. The kitchen in the pics from last night is at my in-laws. The one with my mom and me is at my house. I LOVE not having houses behind us. We see all kinds of antelope and cows in the fields all the time. It's great!

10:47 AM  
Blogger O' Natur Nail said...

wwwooooooooowwwww amy!!!!!!! super duper transformation!!!! you've done excellent & might i say very stunning in those little black dress pics! woot!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Those are amazing pics Amy and they are giving me the motivation to get back in gear (Something I had really lost recently.)

I have gotten "confortable at my current weight, but from your pictures, I see it can only get better.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Tressa and Sheryl!

It is easy to get comfortable where we are and start to slip up. I've been guilty of the same thing. Keep up that motivation level and you'll get to where you want to be! Since I've buckled down these last few weeks I've seen a few lbs fall off again. Good luck to you.

Amy

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I just found your site and am amazed and inspired! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. :-) I've searched for your posts on the NS board and can't find them, however, can you help me find you there? :-)

Thanks again for the inspiration!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi!

I'm glad you liked my blog. I do two posts each night on the NS support board. One is for exercise (Bodies In Motion) and the other is about doing the food on my own (NS on our own... daily food post with pics). I post both of them around 8-8:30 PM EST (6-6:30 my time). You can check out last night's posts if you want, but tonight Jannyanne will be posting for me since I will be out of town. I'll be back tomorrow night (Sunday). Have a great weekend!

Amy

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home