Google
Web amysmithr.blogspot.com
calorieking.com
My Life and Weight Loss Through NS: I'm BACK!!! (pics too)
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm BACK!!! (pics too)

Hey guys!

Long time no blog. :) LOL. It's been a rough time this past month or so, but I am here and ready to start posting again. I have a gazillion pics and such that I would love to post here, but only so much time today. I've already spent too much time on the computer today (as usual, LOL).

OK, following will be a few different pics. We had a NS get-together up in Denver this past Saturday- June 9th, 2007. It was a great time with a few of the same people from the last couple get-togethers, as well as a bunch of new faces. I got to drag Mike and the kids along too, which was nice, except my 10 yr old apparently decided to drive my husband batty for the entire meal. UGH, gotta love these stages they go through (and we're not even close to the teenage years yet, LOL). Anyway, it was a great time meeting people nonetheless, and I'm so glad we were able to do it! Unfortunately, along with the difficulties of this past month I have had a hard time sticking to my good eating plan, so I was a good 5 lbs more in these get-together pics than I would've liked, but such is life (and the maintenance battle for me). Up and down and up and down. As long as I stick under 130 lbs I will be happy.

This Thursday is my 29th birthday, and will also mark my 2 year anniversary since meeting my NS goal weight of 130 lbs. Two years on maintenance already... WOW! I really do think I can do this for the rest of my life! I mean, it will NEVER be easy, but it is SO worth the effort!

OK, other pics will include some that Mike snapped of me this past Sunday in all my new hockey gear, some of Katrina from her last hockey tournament when they won silver, and a couple of our new baby bunny- OREO. hehe. He's a cutie- about 2 1/2 months old now and just sweet as can be. The story with me in the new hockey gear is that the WHOLE family except for me plays inline hockey. Mike has been trying to get me to play for a while now, and I finally signed up last week. I will start playing on a novice league in about a week and it should be fun (and funny for spectators too, LOL). We'll see how that goes! :)

Hope you all are doing well and thanks again for letting me share my life with you all!

Amy Smith


NS get-together in Denver, June 9 2007
Left to Right (kinda):
Abraham and Rochelle (PharmDGril,in the blue shirt); Nancy (divinemsn, blonde in the pink shirt); Sy and Liz (snowhyte0621, back row behind Nancy); Katrina, Tyler, me, and my hubby Mike (don't mind the bad pic- we were all staring into the sun); Wendy (USMC-WIFE in the pink top, next to her husband Dan and their 3 kids); Julie (MOM2NN, white shirt) with her son Noah in the front row (blue shirt); Kate (musgal, the gorgeous redhead with the white top); and Sharon (skb26) who asked not to be in the front row again (LOL, sorry Sharon!!!) Missing- Bonnie (jersey89) who had to leave before we went outside to take pics...


Me + Liz (snowhyte0621)


Me + Bonnie (jersey89)


Me + Kate (musgal)

Snapshots from lunch:









Man, does Tyler look excited or what?! LOL. He of course put bunny ears over Katrina's head when he noticed I was taking pics, but I missed getting that one on camera... Figures. I ALWAYS miss those good Kodak moments!


Oh, look, bunny ears! LOL. Here is me in my new hockey gear with Tyler making fun of me. :)




Pic before Mike cut down my stick to size and wrapped the blade and the top of the stick in the HOT PINK stick tape I picked out. hehehee. :)


Katrina after their hockey tournament a week ago


Katrina receiving her silver medal from one of the rink employees


Katrina with her hockey team and their assistant coach Albert




Katrina in her tap dance costume, before her dance recital (the Friday before the hockey tournament)- talk about the 2 extremes. LOL...




Nothing like massive amounts of makeup on my little 7 yr old "baby" girl!

Little video clip of Katrina's tap dance (this was during the dress rehearsal; they don't let you record during the actual performance) CLICK TWICE TO PLAY:

(Katrina is the one right in front of the wood post thing)


Pic of Katrina and a few of the girls from her dance class, right before the recital (Katrina is 3rd from the left)


After the recital with her flowers

I also took the kids to McDonald's with my parents after the dress rehearsal. A few snapshots of them playing:





(REALLY hard to get any decent pics of Tyler; he HATES getting his picture taken!)


(A little blurry, but I loved her reflection in the fish tank on this one, LOL)

And some of our new baby bunny "Oreo". He is much cuter in person, and has black eyes (not red like they show up in some of the pics):






OK, that's all for now! See ya! I'll leave ya with a couple of my most recent comparison shots from April:

Jan 2005 and April 2007

29 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

great pics Amy - and love the recital video! she looked adorable!! as usual! xoxo Gina

3:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Gee! Hugs!

Amy

3:20 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

hey! i recognize your new blogger profile pic! hehehe....

cute pics!!! love them all. will have to watch the video from home.

you've *almost* inspired me to put up a new post on my blog! hehehe..

3:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The get together looks like it was a lot of fun! Quite a big group..
And I love the video of Katrina's dance rehearsal..and her hockey pics! The kids all have such rosy cheeks. and the little guy lying down in front with the chubby cheeks is adorable.
But...in all honesty, as much as I would have tried NOT to, I would've laughed at you in your hockey gear, too. Not cause you look funny, but because, as always, you look adorable. Cuter than Oreo, even! LOL

3:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

LMAO Jan and Chris. :) Yes Jan, of course the leggings were just to annoy you. You know how I always think of you each morning before I decide what to wear! LMFAO. Yep, decided it was time for a new avatar pic too. :)

Thanks Chris! You should see Katrina's cheeks right after she gets off the hockey floor. SO red! :) The little goalie laying down is Tate. He's so cute! LOL. (of course we can't call any of them CUTE to their faces now... it's not macho, hehe).

Amy

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love looking at your new pics Amy!

Thanks for sharing them :)

Maryann-

11:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute Amy! I love the difference in Katrina between the hockey and the ballet. She is one well rounded girl. Hopefully it didn't kill Mike to wrap your stick in hot pink tape LOL. I bet it looks great. Oreo is very cute too. Thanks for sharing

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful family and pet.
Hugs, Sue

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you opened your blog back up again. I feel like I know you and your beautiful family even though I am many miles away!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, those pics are adorable!! Your kids are gorgeous! And the reunion looked great- too bad I wasn't in the Colorado Springs/Denver area a couple weeks later... :( Anyway, thanks for sharing the pics!!

Alyssa (lessalyssa from NS boards)

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I left you a comment at the end of your page that has all of your recipes! I'm wondering if this is an old page that you don't get to visit anymore. If you could take a sec and read it I would SO appreciate it! I am loving your recipes so much I sent back a good majority of my food! I just have a few questions to keep the ball rolling and I'd LOVE a response! Thank you so much for reading :) The bunny is tooooo cute! Denise.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amy, What a HAPPY surprise to find your blog tonight...I had searched for your NS-On-My-Own recipes awhile ago and read that you weren't posting and I was terribly disappointed, YOU are an inspiration in so many ways, I love how enthusiastic you are about your family (your husband and children are precious), your weightloss/health, your recipes, AND helping others!! I was always so impressed that you took the time to do such hard work to help others (making/photographing/loading all those great foods!) while still obviously being a wonderful wife & mom. I felt SICK to hear that some people were being mean to you. I've never met you nor talked to you, but I can tell you are a truly kind, genuine, sweet, and wonderful person, and shame on ANYONE who could/would criticize you for being the great person you are! Your replies I've read have been excellent; very classy and you obviously have a warm, kind heart. This is the first blog I've ever written on, but I felt compelled to remind you that you are appreciated by SO many people you don't even know,and please know for every ONE person who is negative, there are probably literally HUNDREDS of us who appreciate and enjoy your wisdom, kindness, caring, and sharing!!! I find your stories and comments motivating, both from a diet/food choice perspective, and also your strong and loving family is an even bigger insiration!! THANKYOU, and Keep up the great work!! Janice

8:26 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you so much for your kind encouraging words Janice. I know that you are right- there are so many more positive people than negative... no reason to focus on the negative or give them the power that they so obviously crave.

I hope you enjoy the recipes and the family pics and such. I enjoy making friends this way and sharing my life and will continue to do so. Have a wonderful night!

Amy

8:50 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

Hey! I totally agree with Janice!! From one Janice to another of course! We are all great. hehe...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Jan! Hugs!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found your site. Wow, you are an amazing girl. I was sorry to see the terribly rude comment made by someone about your clothes and your daughter. They don't have a clue, do they? As for the 80's comment, they probably won't ever look as good as you do in those clothes. If they know anything about fashion, 80's is in and anything goes!
I am proud that you were able to comment back to that person in such a wonderful manner. It shows that you are the true lady. You are right- someone who can be so horrible is not a happy person. You are beautiful, your recipes are wonderful looking, and your web site is so helpful. I am currently on Jenny Craig and only need to lose 10 pounds. I gained weight on steroids. Your recipes will ultimately help me learn to cook healthy! THANKS!!!!! Don't let rude comments stop you from updating your site.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Flowermai said...

Hi Amy,

I found your website this afternoon and I have to say I love your recipes. I just received my NS food today, and I have to say they look pretty nasty. I have a question for you on your recipes can I pre-cook the food and freeze the food??? Can you please get back to me on my email?? Hotalex1@gmail.com thanks!!!1

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amy,

I found your site by accident when I was looking up flat out bread recipes. You are truly an inspiration to us all. The recipes you have created are so interesting and creative! It must have taken so much time for you to painstakingly post the recipes and photographs. By the way, pay no attention the the rude poster, you are a beautiful lady with a kind and generous heart. Don't let negative comments bring you down and please continue to share your creations with us.

Kind regards,
AB

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally found this site again. I remember you from 2 years ago, your blog had some yummy stuff. Going back on NS, using my own food and some of your yummy concoctions. I know it works, it worked before.

The pictures of you and your family are great. Not sure if you come here anymore, but I wanted you to know that you really are an inspiration. Haters are haters and will never change. Karma usually catches up with those types of people. Pay no mind.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, Love your blog. I don't understand why the person attacked you or your daughter. Very strange. But I do want to confirm that her dress and make up are very normal and acceptable for the stage performance. She looks cute as can be. Please do your best to ignore this mean and ignorant persons comments. Congrats on your continued success and beautiful family. Thanks for sharing, Valary

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,I just want you to know that I am going to try this.But I am a little afraid it won't work for me.Only because I have done this soooo many times.
Let me be clear you lost all of this weight on your own food??
I wish you would update us and let us know how you and your family are doing.I would love to see how you are maintaining.
Lots of luck and blessings to you and your family!!
Brenda

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just found you by accident...great recipes..can't wait to try some

10:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is your NS user name.... I will add you!

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Stormie said...

Oh man I just moved from Colorado Springs. Would have been nice to have known you in person! You're incredible!

3:42 PM  
Blogger dyeandpigment said...

You are now my number ONE inspiration. First of all, congratulations on your hard work and reaching your goal and maintaining your weight. I just found your blog from a note I read from a pin on a Pinterest board I was following for healthy recipes. I have been on NS for about 2 1/2 mo now. I've lost 20 lbs but have a long way to go; about 40 more. I just put my plan on "hold" to see if I could still lose eating on my own. I guess it was meant to be!!! Thanks so much for providing all the recipes on your blog. I can't wait to give them a try. I must say, I have found NS food to be OK. I just need to get myself moving more. Again, Amy, thanks so much for sharing :) Big Hug to you.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Naty said...

Hi! im doing NS fast 5 and would like to start with your recipes. I take the NS turbo and nutricrush shakes 1 each for my morning and afternoon snacks.
What do you recommend to substitute for these shakes? Preferably a homemade version shake or a food.
Thank you

8:46 AM  
Blogger Akhi Barnaliya said...

The place which is loved by everyone and needs no introduction is none other than Manali. It is a place at https://www.imanali.in/ which has lot to offer you in abundance. So make sure you make the most of your trip and do not miss out on anything important in the trip.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Deepak said...

The story of myself losing weight, less of eating junk foods and aerated drinks. Disciplining myself to eat as per the plan and diet charts. And hey, my slimmer body is gleaming through the latest photographs.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Mary P said...

Do you have this info on any other blogs? Like a print friendly recipe s and shopping list?

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home