Google
Web amysmithr.blogspot.com
calorieking.com
My Life and Weight Loss Through NS: More Vow Renewal Pictures
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Friday, April 27, 2007

More Vow Renewal Pictures

Hey guys!

I've been working on pictures for a few days now and even though I'm not even close to getting through all of them yet, I wanted to share a bunch with you guys. Here's a bunch of pictures that Jan took the morning of the ceremony, while we were getting ready, and then a bunch of my favorite pics from during the ceremony and after. Hope you will enjoy them as much as I have.

Love, Amy

Sat morning, having hair done at the salon:


Katrina pouting since I told her that "No, Cheetos aren't a good idea this morning after you've just had your hair and makeup done" LOL:



Me checking out if the curls are even, hehe:


LOVE my hair stylist:


At the ceremony location, the dress is waiting:


Jan REALLY never misses a shot, LOL, though I won't even post the risque one that Chris (cygnet2) captured:


Nope, STILL not as bad as the one Chris got, LOL:


Jan shot this pic while I was getting my thigh highs on I think, LOL:


My mom, helping me into my slip:


Into the dress:


Almost... Hey, I spy Chris back there helping too. :)


Helping Katrina with her dress while mine was going on also:


My mom helping, and check out that reflection in the mirror, hehe:


Katrina being cuddly while I was getting dressed and hey, what's Chris doing in my purse back there?!?!:


Tighter, tighter... suck it in:


Helping Katrina secure her tiara tighter:


She was sooooo sweet:


Tyler, Mom, and Katrina:


Almost time now:


I was sooooo ready to get the ceremony started... Jan snapped some pics while we waited for some late guests to arrive:


More pics while we were waiting for the "go":


I walked up to the aisle with both kids, and Tyler hesitated a bit forgetting that he was supposed to walk done the aisle 1st, so here is Katrina reminding him:


Katrina dropping the flower girl petals, awwwww:


I SPRINTED down the aisle apparently (hey, in my defense it was a SHORT aisle, LOL) so Jan couldn't get a very good shot of me. Here is Mike helping me up the step to the stage though:


The start of the ceremony:


My beautiful flower girl:


and the handsome ring bearer:


Mike and I said a few words of appreciation to all of our friends and family:


As a complete surprise to our parents, we asked them all up on stage and honored their marriages as well. My parents have been married nearly 38 years, and Mike's parents have been married nearly 40 years. WOW to them both! We presented them with plaques that said "Love Withstands the Test of Time" and we had them engraved with their names and wedding dates:


There were a LOT of tears up on that stage that day. Me with my parents after presenting them with their plaque:


Katrina sang a beautiful song to us "Love Will Be Our Home":


Me helping Katrina a little to not be so nervous, since the microphone was off at the beginning to her song and I'm sure that unnerved her a bit. Poor girl. She was a trooper though:


Glancing at Mike and Tyler as Katrina sang:


Me singing to Mike "Have I Told You Lately", the same song I sang to him 10 years ago (I need to work on some of the pics for this part still):


One of the most special parts of the ceremony to us was making vows to our children:


The closest I think Tyler will ever get to tears on camera:


I think we all teared up a bit:


Mike and I exchanged new rings:


The new rings...


The kiss:


Of course the kids HAD to look away, LOL:


We "danced" back down the aisle a little to the song "Funky Town". (We LOVE jamming in the car with the kiddos to funky music and knew this would be a fun song to surprise the guests with at the end of the emotional ceremony. It did a good job of transitioning the mood to "party time"):




The main table setting:


The other tables:


The cake set-up. I was so proud of how it turned out! I made a "cookie cake" with double layers of giant pan cookies I made, with frosting between the layers and milk and dark chocolate drizzle, all topped off with chocolate covered strawberries. I ordered all the cake stand pieces separately and put together a design I sketched out with a fountain I REALLY wanted to include under the main cake. It turned out just as I had hoped, mishaps and all (those pics are coming on another day!).


Mmmm:


Oooooo... ahhhhhh... LOL:


Some of the table set-up:


A close-up of the place card holders:


The wedding favors. I ordered custom printed M&Ms with our names on them. Some of them said Mike&Amy, 10 years, and others said Tyler & Katrina. The kids really loved this idea. :) The other favors were a true labor of love by my dear friend Jan. She worked for a LONG time on perfecting these wedding cake cookies and I sketched out designs that I wanted on the cookies and she made each one with love just how I had envisioned. She shipped them out to me overnight a few days before the wedding (we won't mention how much THAT cost!!!). They were the perfect wedding favors. Thanks Jan!


The sand ceremony vases. We did a special sand ceremony with the kids during the vow renewal ceremony. Each vase had our individual names engraved on them with our own color sand. We poured our sands into the "family vase" during the ceremony and created this beautiful sand art. It was quite touching and we have the whole set-up displayed in our house now to keep:


The whole group at the ceremony. It was a small gathering of our closest friends and family, but it was just PERFECT! Can you find Jan and Chris hiding in there???


LOVE my family!


Mommy and Flower Girl:


Daddy and Ring Bearer:


And following are just a FEW of my favorite pics that Jan took after the ceremony. Some in color and some I've converted to black and white with a glowing effect. :) I know Jan will work magic with all the pictures when she gets her hands on my favorites for the album. Can't wait!










This one was actually a pic during the ceremony:


More from afterwards:


Me grabbing a taste of the appetizers while we headed outside to take a few last pictures:


Outside:




LOVE this one:


Katrina caught the bouquet when I tossed it:


Mike digging for the garter:


Oh my:


OK, so there are a TON more pics I'd like to share, and I've posted so many now I don't even know what I have and haven't posted, but I will be sharing some more pics from the lingerie shower Jan and Chris threw me, as well as pics from when we had our nails done, when we dipped all the strawberries the night before the ceremony, etc, and more pics from the reception of cutting the cake, the toast, etc... but I am OUT of time now. LOL. I've literally been sitting here editing, cropping, and adjusting pics for the last 7 hours today and I am wiped out. hehe. It's like I've relived the whole experience today though. I hope you were able to feel like a part of it as well, as I wish you'd all been able to join us. Thanks again to Jan and Chris for flying out to make my day so special and for throwing me an amazing lingerie shower and to Jan for all the amazing pictures. You guys are 2 of the best friends a girl could ever have. I am so lucky to have you all in my life, not to mention how blessed I am to have Mike as my wonderful devoted husband and Tyler and Katrina as my sweet hearted children. Life is good!

Amy

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Amy you thought of everything! I am so impressed!! If I hav my vows renewed here at home I will have you as my planner!! I LOVE sand ceremony thing!

What a great person you are!

Hugs!

Tracie

3:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Tracie! It was soooo much fun. There was even more fun stuff too. I put together a bunch of framed picture collages that we displayed at the entry area; they were Mike's and my pictures from high school when we dated, and what he wrote in my yearbook, etc... so sweet! And then there were pics from our real wedding and then pics of our family throughout the years. That was really fun to put together. Then we had appetizers and an open bar for people while we were taking pics after the ceremony, and we had a TV set up in one of the lounge areas and we played our original wedding video on that so people could watch during that time. It was so much fun!!! I did a "Polaroid" guest book, so when people came in they had their pics taken and then they put them in the guestbook and signed their names and good wishes nect to them. Man, it all took a ton of planning (and money) but was soooo much fun. Worth every penny! I hope you guys do renew your vows one day as well at home and I'd love to help you plan if you wanted too. Yay! :)

Amy

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

WOW, what a great celebration and the photos are so awesome. The sand glass is beautiful and so special.

But, who took the photo where Jan in the group shot? hahaha.

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs, Donna dms7

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy-

You are such a beautiful and creative person. I LOVE the cake and chocolate covered strawberries ideas. I am very impressed and I bet they were yummy. You pics of your and your family are absolutely outstanding.

Best Wishes!!!

Natasha

5:19 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

LOL Donna, too funny. :) Actually, I had an old friend from high school doing the videography for the ceremony and she took the pics with Jan in them. :) Couldn't NOT have Jan in a few pics!!!!!

Amy

5:43 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much Natasha! The cookie cake turned out just as great as I had hoped and the strawberries also. Yep, they were yummy and NOT low cal or low fat. LOL.

Amy

5:44 PM  
Blogger Cygnet said...

Amy,your vow renewal was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I've ever seen. What an honor to have been there!! Jan's pics of you and your family are awesome! (And just for the record, I think I was digging through your purse for some nail clippers to cut a thread on your veil. LMAO! Don't want anyone to think I was ripping you off! LOL)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Chris, what? Huh? I don't remember nothin' about no nail clippers and veil strings. Thief! LMAO....

hehe :)

I was so honored to have to there with me. It made the day that much more special!

Amy

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I loved looking through all of your pictures. You are the most beautiful person, absolutely stunning, and SO photogenic. You have a beautiful family. You are one lucky girl, and you really deserve the best. I cant wait to see more pictures!! Maryann :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

well crap again!!! i'm sitting here crying my eyes AGAIN!!! Why can i look at the pics on my computer and not tear up?? but you do and add in the comments and i'm sitting here blubbering! Gina's cookies won't get baked at this rate! LOLOL...

They look BEAUTIFUL Amy!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

No, thank YOU Jan. You did an amazing job!!! Now hurry, hurry... off to bake some cookies. :)

Amy

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigosh Amy, just like Tracie said you thought of everything. I am impressed. Every part of it is wonderful. I'm just in awe of you. Great pics. Wow! I would like to see a pic of you and your siblings, are there any of those? Congratulations!

Marilyn - Toohip

10:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi Marilyn! How are you? Thanks so much. Glad you liked the pics! My only sibling to come to the renewal was my sister from Georgia. She flew out here with her 1 1/2 yr old daughter Hannah. :) She is in the large group picture that I posted... 2 people to the right of me, in between my mom and Chris (cygnet2). I have more pics of just the 2 of us that I can send to ya if you remind me of your e-mail address. :)

Amy

10:43 PM  
Blogger The soon to be Ex-fattie said...

again amy, you looked absolutely stunning!!! your family is so darling as well. everything was absolutely gorgeous and i thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!!!

and again, thank you for sharing YOU with all of us!!!

:) *joely*

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are the most amazing pictures Amy! I especially love the black and whites with the sparkly effect. I can only think of two words to describe it Breathtaking and Blessed.
:)
Sarah

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
I came across your website from Nutrisystem.
You are obviously an amazingly stunning, beautiful person inside & out. Your pictures from ceremony captured such love and a true bond between your husband and children -- it brought tears to my eyes. Wow, what an inspiration you are!! Your family is so blessed.

10:59 AM  
Blogger O' Natur Nail said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! gorgeous..... you are stunning :) Did Jan take all those pics??? I love the b & w, hazy like ones... very angelic! AWWWWW - congrats!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I just got back from a four day Catalina/Ensenada cruise, so I just saw your reply today. My email address is lzrivera@hotmail.com

Marilyn - Toohip

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! My husband and I are planning a vow renewal ceremony in 2010 (along with my brother and his wife) It will be our 16th anniversary and their 5th. You look gorgeous. Congratulations on the weight loss and continued happiness to you and yours. BTW, where did you get that dress?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Hi,Your photos are beautiful. I came across your blog as we are planning on having a vow renewal ceremony in 2014 as our wedding didn't go as planned and my family were unable to attend.
I wish you many years of happiness

Hazel

8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

g8 post with pics, HCG diet , thanks

3:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow your life so getting excited how i wish i could also have like this someday .... thanks for the blog ...Toronto Security Guard and Toronto Security Guard

5:58 PM  
Blogger San Diego Social Media said...

Yeah .. i love also her gown so wonderful ... San Diego Social Media

8:16 PM  
Blogger Geek Shop said...

as being Geek i love your creations, gowns , childrens outfit and etc. on your wedding day ... feel so much enjoy ... wow !! thanks for this blog...
Thinkgeek Canada , Geek Shop, Geek Store

4:55 PM  
Anonymous las vegas renew vows said...

All I can say is your wedding vow is perfect..Through your vow your relationship as husband and wife will more stronger forever.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really love concept of vow renewal. The two souls celebrate their day to complete years with each other. I am planning to give surprise to my husband too and thus looking for vow renewal location.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Natural Health Tips said...

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.

How To Lose weight Naturally
Weight loss Tips For Women

Weight Loss Tips


6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home