Google
Web amysmithr.blogspot.com
calorieking.com
My Life and Weight Loss Through NS: A Little About Me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Thursday, June 02, 2005

A Little About Me

Hello everyone!

My name is Amy, and I am a 26 year old stay-at-home Mom. I have 2 wonderful kids: Tyler, who is 8, and Katrina, who is 5. I also have a very sweet husband named Mike. We met at age 14 when I moved to Colorado, started dating on my 15th birthday, and got married 3 1/2 years later. We have been married for 8 1/2 years. He is the love of my life, and I am the happiest stay-at-home Mom you'll ever meet.

I have been struggling with my weight ever since my oldest brother died in a car accident when I was 16. The problem only intensified while I was pregnant with 2 kids, and also suffered a miscarriage between the two. I had to go on fertility drugs to get pregnant with Katrina (my 5 yr-old) after the miscarriage. That is when my weight really ballooned.

In January of this year I was at my highest-ever weight of 180 lbs (186 on the dr's scale with all my clothes/hiking boots on, and food in me). I was MORTIFIED!!! I just couldn't believe I'd gotten so large. I ordered NutriSystem, and now feel like I finally have my life/weight back under control. NutriSystem has given me the old "me" back, and I couldn't be more happy! I have a great husband, 2 great children, and finally a decent body to go with all that!

I have made a lot of friends on the NS support boards, and decided to create this blog just for them. I hope you all enjoy my little life story, and my NS Without the Food information (in recent posts). I wish you all GREAT success in your lives and weight loss!

Amy (180/133/130)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! Glad to see you have a blog. You really look fantastic now. The difference between before and after is amazing! You rock!

Christine

10:14 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

All I can say is WOW! Your weight loss is amazing! You are a very pretty gal. :) Your recipes sound so good and have inspired me further to work towards NS w/o the food. Thanks for posting this great info, it really helped me A LOT. From one SAHM to another...you go girl!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how hard it is to lose someone you love (I lost my bestest friend on 9.11.01 in NYC) and I've miscarried recently too. You are an inspiring woman with lots of love go around - and you're always looking to help others :) I really appreciate all you have done to help me and other NS people. You prove to many that this CAN be done - Thanks! and you have the most beautiful family!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I am so happy for you! I just wanted to say that when you hear the comments about how different--better--you look now, at some point it may make you wonder what people thought of you before when you weighed more. I just want to remind you that I'm sure you were the same wonderful Amy then that you are now, just a smaller version. I don't think when people say how great you look, that they realize what it says about how you looked before. While we're all here to lose weight, so we love that idea, we have to keep in mind that we are wonderful and divine creatures regardless of our pounds. Way to go Amy!!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm new at this and didn't intend for that to go out under an "anonymous" tag...

12:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Dawn!

I know what people mean when they say that I look good now. It doesn't hurt my feelings, or make me feel bad about the way I felt before. I was the same me at 180 lbs that I am now, I'm just a bit happier! :) Thanks for posting here!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
You are AMYazing!!! a little corny, I know. I wanted ask you about your exercise routine throughout your journey. Please share.

Thanks Pam (aka UBFIT2 on NS)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Pam!

I do about 50-60 min cardio each day (running or Tae-Bo) and some light weight-lifting as well. I also do some crunches and inner and outer leg lifts to work my thigh muscles. :)

Amy

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I want to thank you so very much for sharing all your wonderful recipes. I also want to say that I know how painful it is to lose someone you love; I still miss my dad, who passed on 35 years ago, very much. As unprofound as it sounds, time does help to heal the wound.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you so much. Time certainly does help. All my best to you!

Amy

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Erin said...

Hi, Amy. I've been reading and re-reading your recipes and some of your other blog posts for a while now. I found your blog while searching to see what people's NS experience had been. Thanks to you, I am getting ready to take the plunge and do NS and knowing that there are yummy things I can make for myself really helps. I know it sounds silly, but I never even thought to cook things in single-servings so you have opened my eyes to a whole new way of doing things. I have already made your baked spaghetti and the stuffed french toast, and I'm planning to make some muffins tonight for breakfasts this week. :) I hope you are doing well and continuing to enjoy every day with your beautiful family and I thank you for sharing your experience with the world!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Annabel said...

Cool blog! And way to go!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home